Sunday, March 13, 2005

5 Minute Miracle Face Tonic........my arse!



Having survived weeks of vet trips/bills and bending over the bath rubbing anti-bacterial/fungal shampoo on my dog's arse I was looking forward to a special evening on Saturday. A group of mates, who I hadn't seen for ages, were coming round for a bit of a reunion party at my abode. It was housemate's birthday the other day so it was a timely gathering.

Now to say I've been a tad stressed lately is like saying Camilla Parker-Bowles is an old trout who get's Charle's todger twitching. It's a fact that is best kept behind closed doors and not discussed in public. So before meeting my old mates I thought I would have a relaxing home-spa afternoon to de-stress and get my sparkle back.

Bath was run and candles lit. Dug out Laura Pausini CD and had it gently playing on the toilet seat. Well on the CD player sat on the toilet seat.

I'd been shopping in the morning and decided to treat myself to a Face Tonic to de-stress the visage. 5 minute miracle it said. Vibrant Fresh Skin - FAST! Explosively invigorates you for the night or day ahead. Perfect I thought.

Gently eased myself into the Seaweed & Watermint bath. Tore open the face tonic mask and smoothed it across my face as I lay back in the hot bubbles being soothed by the Italian diva.

About a minute later I felt this tingling sensation across my cheeks and forehead. I thought that must be the mask cleansing my pores. The tingling soon became a burning sensation and it was at that point I started to worry. The lovely 'orange' fragrance of the mask suddenly put me in mind of Mr Muscle Limescale Remover. For an instant I felt like I couldn't breath as the pungent odour caught the back of my throat. I sat up with start and knocked the bath tidy on to the floor. Pulled the mask off my searing flesh and grabbed a facecloth. Tried to rinse the stuff off but could still feel the 'tonic' burning into my skin. Stood up and turned the shower on and sprayed my face with tepid water for a bout 10 minutes. So much for the relaxing Seaweed & Watermint bath.

Half a bottle of Nivea Sensitive Balm later and the pain has subsided but my face looks like I've been sunbathing in a balaklava! By the time my mates arrive the throbbing & sweats have begun and the shocked look on their faces suggests they think I've let myself go a bit and need to drink more water to flush those toxins out of my system. I show them the remains of the mask and explain the reason for my odd look and I think they believed me.

Ok Ok I know there is a warning on the back that says you should do a sensitivity test on your arm before using the mask but who'd suspect that something so 'healthy' and 'fruity' sounding and costing only 89p could result in a DIY chemical peel.

No comments: